1 Access and Usage
- The person, hereafter referred to as the ‘User’, acknowledges, understands, agrees and subjects themselves to the terms and conditions, hereafter referred to as the ‘Terms and Conditions’, as stipulated herein when using or accessing the Fast Company South Africa digital platforms, including but not limited to the website, social media and print publication, hereafter collectively referred to as ‘Fast Company SA’.
- The holding company of Fast Company SA, ANA Publishing, a division of Independent Media and hereafter referred to as ‘ANA Publishing’, may, without prior notice to the User and without any claims it holds under the law of the Republic of South Africa, modify and/or alter the Terms and Conditions herein. Notice of revisions to the Terms and Conditions will be posted to Fast Company and the User’s continued usage of Fast Company will constitute acceptance of such amendments.
- Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions may lead to immediate termination of access to Fast Company SA, without notice to the User.
- The User is advised that usage of and access to Fast Company SA and its associated services are at the User’s own risk. Fast Company SA is provided ‘as is’ and, to the extent permitted by applicable law in the Republic of South Africa and subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and (6) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002, hereafter referred to as the ‘ECTA’, ANA Publishing hereby expressly disclaims any and all express or implied warranties in respect of the content and offers published on Fast Company.
- Should the User have any questions or queries relating to Fast Company SA’s Terms and Conditions, these may be addressed [email protected].
- Ownership and Content
- All materials on Fast Company SA, including trademarks and data, are the property of ANA Publishing and/or its licensors. ANA Publishing allows the User to retrieve and display content from Fast Company SA on a computer screen, tablet, mobile phone or similar device; to copy content; to download content to a local and individual hard disk drive; and to print individual pages, provided that such usage is only for personal or non-commercial use.
- The User may not use the material obtained from or through Fast Company SA for commercial or other unauthorised usage by means of publication, retransmission, distribution, performance, caching or otherwise, without prior written consent from ANA Publishing.
- Content is protected from national and international intellectual property infringements: Any reproduction, in part or whole, of content on Fast Company SA must include the following copyright notice: © ANA Publishing 2019. All rights reserved.
- Fast Company SA is published under license from Mansueto Ventures, LLC, New York, New York. Certain editorial items are originally published in the original United States edition of Fast Company or on one of its websites and are the copyrighted property of Manuesto Ventures, LLC, which reserves all rights. Copyright 2019 Mansueto Ventures, LLC. The following are trademarks of Mansueto Ventures, LLC: Fast Company, Fast Company logo, fastcompany.com, Co.Design, Co.Exist, Co.Create, Co.Labs.
- Materials Posted by Users and Third Parties
- No postings or discussion boards, social media, weblogs and/or similar platforms are private. ANA Publishing reserves the right to delete, use, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute and sub-license any information provided or communicated to Fast Company SA through such postings, in any existing medium or medium still to be developed, for any purpose.
- Articles, comments and/or posts that appear on Fast Company SA are not endorsed, supported, sanctioned, encouraged or verified by ANA Publishing and ANA Publishing may, in no manner, be held responsible or accountable for any defamatory, offensive, illicit or false information as provided by a User of Fast Company SA.
- The User should be aware that information provided by third parties or another User on Fast Company SA does not amount to professional advice or similar, and the User is encouraged to seek professional assistance where necessary.
- Whereas ANA Publishing has a right to review, edit, alter, modify, delete or move any material posted by a User or third party, there is no duty on ANA Publishing to do so. Such actions will be undertaken at the sole discretion, and without prior notice, by ANA Publishing.
- Links, Linkages and Framing
- Any links from Fast Company SA to a third party does not amount to an endorsement or guarantee of the third-party website and/or platform, and ANA Publishing shall not be held, directly or indirectly, accountable as a result of the contents or lack of contents on a linked third-party platform.
- ANA Publishing also does not accept responsibility or liability for any third-party practices on third-party platforms and advises the User to consult third-party platforms’ terms and conditions in this regard.
- Although third parties may link to Fast Company SA, such link must be directed to the homepage of Fast Company SA. Where a link is directed to any other page of Fast Company, prior written consent from ANA Publishing is required. No linkage shall be permitted where the contents of a third-party platform is in any way offensive, distasteful or controversial.
- No framing or bordering of any part or page of Fast Company SA is allowed without prior written consent from ANA Publishing. Third-party platforms may not imply that ANA Publishing is in any way endorsing the products or services offered on such platform.
- ANA Publishing is committed to ensuring the User’s online privacy and security as far as is reasonably possible. The User should ensure they do not divulge their usernames, passwords or other private information to any other persons.
- ANA Publishing will not disclose the User’s information to any third parties without the User’s consent but may, under certain circumstances, disclose information to national and international legal authorities as prescribed by section 51 of the ECTA.
- The User may, at any time and at their discretion, exercise the following rights to their personal data:
- Right of access––the right to access the personal data and information about how the personal data is being processed, and includes the right to request a copy of the information that ANA Publishing has;
- Right of rectification––the right to correct data the User considers to be inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure––in certain circumstances, the User can request the data ANA Publishing has collected on them to be erased from all records;
- Right to objection and the restriction of processing––when certain conditions apply, the User may exercise the right to object and/or restrict certain types of processing of such data;
- Portability right––the right to have the User’s data transferred to another organisation.
- ANA Publishing collects the User’s information when the User voluntarily completes online forms and/or surveys and/or sends an email and/or message and/or comment to ANA Publishing. Information provided by the User in this context shall be used for the purpose for which it was provided unless the User is otherwise informed at the time of furnishing ANA Publishing with the information. ANA Publishing may use such information to contact the User and for non-personal or identifiable research purposes. ANA Publishing retains the right to otherwise use unidentifiable information.
- The types of personal data collected by ANA Publishing includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Full or partial names;
- Email addresses;
- Contact numbers, including landlines and mobile numbers;
- Associations with organisations and/or companies; and
- Birth dates.
Convention Tower, 10th Floor
Cape Town, 8001
- ANA Publishing may utilise cookies to improve personalised services to the User. Should the User not want cookies to be stored on their computer, the User should disable cookies on the internet browser they are using before accessing any ANA Publishing platforms.
As prescribed by section 21 of the ECTA, no information, content or data on Fast Company SA is an offer. No agreements shall be concluded merely by the sending of a data message to Fast Company SA or ANA Publishing.